Saturday, June 16, 2007


"Gaeilge Na Seachtaine": Kay Ui Cheinneide


She runs this friendly website on "Irish for the Week" of podcasts, grammar help, and learner's lessons. A pioneering use of technology to assist Gaeltacht na h-Idirlion, Irish speaking community on the Internet. Responding to my mention of her site in an earlier blog entry about looking for files downloadable for iTunes, here is the note I received from her yesterday. I added from her page "Kay ag a chistin," as the photo's titled: "Kay at her kitchen." A hot day brewing here in Los Angeles, a cool day there, I imagine.



P.S. (
iarscribhinn) I will try Audacity to "speaker capture" WWW sound transmission; this was recommended by students, who naturally know much more than I do, they living on their laptops. And, falling asleep with them at night in bed, as one confessed recently in class discussion; she often wakes up with a glowing keyboard cradled in her arms.


A chara,


I found your comments about Gaeilge Na Seachtaine just now, and I thank you. I am sorry you couldn't download the sound files on your ipod. I need to fill in some forms for itunes, then downloading would be possible. I'll email you if and when I do. Elsewhere in your blog you mention verbs. I have a program on my site which conjugates verbs for you -quite a number of verbs. I hope you find it useful. I have some unusual features in my dictionaries as well. I hope they are of help to you. I work on my site in my spare time now as I am in full time employment. I realize that I still have a lot to do to make my site better. Coming across comments such as yours is encouraging.


Go raibh míle maith agat as na rudaí deasa a dúirt tú agus go n-éirí leat ag foghlaim na Gaeilge idir sean is nua.


Kay.


Kay Uí Chinnéide




No comments: